Thursday, July 12, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team Layout

As promised, here are some details on how Patricia Basson, our Design Team Member for July 2012, created this amazing page with some of the products in her kit.  Patricia, over to you!

This is a LO that designed itself as we went along! I had the papers together, found this matching photo of Michelle and then pondered on what to make of it...The papers from my DT pack that I used are Communique Collection 'a Fine Specimen' and Transatlantique Collection 'Exotic Destinations' both from Graphic 45.

The first idea that came to mind was to cut the Diamond shapes out as a frame, so of to cutting I went and when it was done I thought to myself, well what now? 

Looking at the shapes I decided that it would look neat if I also cut, lift and curl the inside Diamond shape a little as well.

While doing the little bit of curling, I went further and did a tight little curl and that looked so neat and interesting that I also curled the black Diamond shape as well, and I ended with a neat frame for my photo! I used a thick needle, but a toothpick would also work...

This is a close up of the curls.

The next technique is one that I am very fond of using. What you need to do is colour your embossing folder with inks before placing your paper into it and send it through your embossing machine!. You will end up with an already inked embossed image... Just remember to wash your folder afterwards, and beware that some inks might stain your folder, but that will not do any thing to the effectiveness of your folder!

I will post a short tutorial in a while showing the differences between inking the de bossed/recessed area and the embossed area.

I used Graphic 45 Core’dinations papers for this, die cut two labels and added some random Distress Crackle to it

The pen nibs were cut from the Communique Collection 'Pen in Hand' also from Graphic 45. I covered them with some Antique Bronze Distress Stickles from Ranger.

The ink bottles are from the same paper range and covered on the left side with a heavy layer of Walnut Stain Distress Stickles. Did you know that you can heat set Distress Stickles from Ranger? Other than ordinary Stickles they can be heat set without them burning or bubbling! That made them ideal for me to give the bottles a healthy coating of Stickles giving them a very Antique textured appearance.

Please remember, If you double click on my photos, you can get a real good close up look... :-)

On the two opposite corners I layered some of the Diamond shapes that I covered with some Crackle Paint and inked with some Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

All of the items used are available from Scrapbook Studio...and Scrapbook Studio on line...

2 comments: