Monday, July 16, 2012

Colourful Design Team Project!

Patricia Basson created this amazing Canvas Card for this week’s Design Team project!  Wow!   She wanted to use some Distress Inks and do something totally different!  Here are the details directly from her!

Hi there!  Patricia here! I wanted to use some of the seasonal Distress inks and some of the items in my DT Kit. I used some images from the Tim Holtz Grunge board Mixed Minis from my DT Pack.

I used the wings, hearts, stars, hinges and some flourishes. They were glued to the canvas, and covered with a layer of Gesso.

I made my own resist canvas by applying Multi Medium Matt to my Creative Flourish from Layers of Colours. After stamping it on the canvas, I dried it with my Heat gun. I used the Sewing Room Alteration Die from Tim Holtz for the Dress Form. And then I had fun with the inks! I used the Seasonal Re inkers to make my mists that I used.

The heart has some micro beads on it and a layer of crackling medium.

The dress form is coloured with Distress inks using the applicator tool. I am really happy with the way the stamped image came out after the inking!

The wings were also covered with micro beads and a layer of crackling medium.

I am not a great mixed media artist...but I just might play with these techniques some more, for they are really fun to do...

So, why not hop on over to the shop and get your mixed media items now so that you can also have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment