Sunday, April 27, 2014

Graphic 45 Mini Album

Hello All,
Graphic 45 paper and I have a love hate relationship. I often sit and drool over the papers, but when it comes to scrapping them my mojo runs away and hides in a corner shivering. So this time I took on the challenge and made a mini album from a Graphic 45 tutorial and pattern sheet which you can find here. I used the Mother Goose Collection as this is the only Graphic 45 papers I had and some random photographs of my eldest son. As the work progressed on the album I was having more and more fun creating it. Eventually I didn't quite follow the tutorial anymore. Just goes to show when you put your mind to it you can scrap with any paper.
This is the finished album. It is rather busy with lots of bling, fussy cut flowers and ribbon.
Page one: Wow time flies, to think that this little baby will be 21 this year! The "Ring around the Rosie" paper sheet is full of flowers to fussy cut. I used them as well as a music note stamp through-out the whole album to create some continuity.
Page two: Some of the stars were run through a embossing folder and some of them were covered with stickles. The word "happiness" on the tab is a stamp.
Page 3: The tag was embossed. The little stamp embellishments were fussy cut from the "Playful Postage" paper.
Page 4: The little tab at the top as well as the side of the tag was made with a circle punch. Various ribbons were tied through the whole on the tag.
Page 5: This page has a flap on the right hand side. The top of the photo shows the flap closed and the bottom photo shows the flap open.
Page 6: Some rub-offs from my stash were used on the punched out circles.
Page 7: All the words were cut with the Silhouette machine. 
Page 8: The little heart was cut freehand and the covered with stickles.
Last Page: To create the bling flourishes through-out the album I used a stitch template, traced the flourish and then stuck the bling on the trace to make the flourish.
Back page: Page corners were stuck on the back page of the album.
A little hang embellishment was made to hang on the binding rings with the ribbon.
All the stock used to make this album is available from Scrapbook Studio. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my project.
Happy scrapping
Lee




1 comment: