Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another Step by Step Tutorial!

Our Design Team Member René Sharp has put together another amazing tutorial to show everyone how she created this amazing layout! 

clip_image002[6]

Sit back and enjoy!

clip_image002[4]

STEP 1:

I decided to base this layout on one large focal photo. The idea for this came from the lovely large “Friends” rub-on that was included in the kit. I had just the photo to use, this one taken of my son and his classmates on their recent class tour. I decided not to change the colour of the photo to sepia this time, and work instead with the lovely bright colours in the photo. The main colours I chose to use are green red & blue.

clip_image004

STEP 2:

Once again I turned to my trusty (and well loved) Studio Calico Mr Huey Color Mists. I used the colour Real Red and used a Tim Holtz mask called “Compass”. I thought this mask was perfect to work with my travel themed layout! I purchased both of these items from Scrapbook Studio!

clip_image006

STEP 3:

I love my punches, and used this Knock-Outs Bracket punch by American Crafts to create a lovely subtle effect on the edge of the lovely red houndstooth patterned paper included in the kit. These punches are gorgeous and are also available from Scrapbook Studio!

clip_image008

STEP 3:

These Enmarc Crafts rub-ons were perfect to go around the edge of my photo, some of the wording was just right for the vibe I was trying to create on my layout. I have always been a bit weary of South African produced rub-ons, but these went on like butter!!!

clip_image010

STEP 4:

As per my previous tutorials I used white embossing powder, which I heated and then inked some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the colour Peeled Paint over the image. I then fussy cut around the edge of the cute little sun!

clip_image012

STEP 5:

I adhere some of the elements of my layout. I popped the sun up with some foam tape, it fit perfectly in the centre of the compass mask.

clip_image014

STEP 6:

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some circles for my layout!

clip_image016

STEP 7:

For me, this is the most fun part of putting together a layout, adding all the bits and bobs. I ended up using some of the gorgeous FabScraps alphapbet stickers to add the words “dbn tour”, as well as another Enmarc rub-on. I cut some arrows with my Silhouette and attached them with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I purchased this mini stapler at Scrapbook Studio a while back, and I have got to say I LOVE this little thing, I used it on my layouts, all-the-time!! I see it’s still in stock at Scrapbook Studio!!!

clip_image018

And here it is, the end result, a fun bright and happy layout. I hope you have gained some ideas from my tutorial.

Smiles, Rene’

No comments:

Post a Comment