Friday, October 19, 2012

Another Amazingly Simple Card!

Card side-on large

Once again it is time for a card tutorial by the briliant René Sharp!  This time with a Rosette Tutorial!  We LOVE the effectiveness of this card – so simple but so striking!  Enjoy!  (Remember that we appreciate your comments – if we never get comments, we don’t think anyone is reading the Blog!)

clip_image002

STEP 1:

I use a piece of white cardstock included in the kit and my Martha Stewart Score Pad to score a line down the centre of the card.

clip_image004

STEP 2:

I cut strips of paper using the various different patterned papers included in the kit.

clip_image006

STEP 3:

I trim them in varying lengths and adhere them to the white base in a bit of a staggered pattern.

clip_image008

STEP 4:

I cut a 4cm strip of blue paper, and keep it at a length of 30cm. I score a line at every ¼”.

clip_image010

STEP 5:

I fold along every score line in a zig-zag pattern.

clip_image012

STEP 6:

I then manipulate the paper into a rosette shape. The paper tends to jump around a bit, but just be firm with it!!

clip_image014

STEP 7:

Stick the two ends together with some double sided tape.

clip_image016

STEP 8:

I use a large glue dot to secure the centre of the rosette.

clip_image018

I added some punched stars, and a little bit of machine stitching. I also punched two different sized circles to add to the centre of the rosette. I finished it off with the “hello” sentiment and some green ink around the edges.

clip_image020

No comments:

Post a Comment