As Scrapbookers and Cardmakers, we all love flowers. Today Elizna Parsons will share step by step how she made the stunning rolled flowers on her Fairy layout.
1. Use a die to cut out a flower as shown in this picture.
OR use a scallop scissors and cut out a scalloped "spiral".
I used the 3-D flower die from Sizzix.
2. Insert the outer edge of the flower into the quilling tool and start rolling the flower towards you.
If you do not have a quilling tool, just start rolling the paper with your fingers or a tweezer. Roll towards you.
3. Follow the curve of the paper and continue rolling until you have used the whole "spiral".
4. Your flower will look like this when you have finished rolling and removed the quilling tool.
5. Turn the flower "upside down" and place glue from a hot glue gun where shown.
You can also use the green Tombow glue.
Turn the flower around and press all the layers into the soft glue. Hold in place until the glue is dry.
If you use a glue gun you must work very fast in turning the flower around and pressing down, as this glue sets very very quickly!
If you use Tombow Multi Glue (Green Bottle), you will have to be patient and keep your finger on the flower until you see that the flower has settled and doesn't lift when you release
This is what the flower looks like when used on a layout....
I used a pearl as the centre of this flower...you can play around with glitter, bling or buttons to make pretty centres for your flowers.