Monday, April 25, 2011

Using a Stencil Template..........



We just received these wonderful templates from the USA. They can be used with Glimmer mist, Perfect Pearls, Distress Inks, Chalk, - anything you can think of!


I used a Co'redinations cardstock and sanded it all over. Then I placed the whole template over it, and used my Fired Brick Distress Inkpad with the Blending tool and lightly went over the whole template. When I was finished, I felt it needed something more. As you know, Distress Inks stay wet for a long time. I then took my perfect pearls and brushed over the stenciled image here and there just to add a bit of a shimmer.


I used Tim Holtz's Rosette Die to make the rosette. Added some of the new Twine in the shop and embossed the dark red button with iridescent Embossing powder - just to add a shimmer. The title got some Black Diamond Stickles to get the same shimmer - as the letters were made of foam, I did not think they would emboss well!

I used the Ornamental Die from Tim Holtz to cut the journaling piece and then I used the Magic Matter circles to make the larger shadows. Love those little tools! Added some Christmas Red stickles to the outline of the diecut piece, and embossed the buttons again. Added some bling as a photo corner, arranged the photos and you have a layout in less than an hour! Hope this will inspire you to get out those templates and USE them!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cariena
    Hope you are well?
    love the way you have used this stencil.
    I love the way the photos are laid out with that overlapping effect xxx

    ReplyDelete