Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cuttlebug Layout

People often ask us how they can make use of their Cuttlebug on their layouts. This Saturday, April 16, Monica and Donsie will be giving a free demonstration at the AFM Church from 9am -12pm. They will be showcasing the machine, demonstrating the versatility of it. Here is a layout made with only patterned paper, die cuts and embossing with the Cuttlebug.

All elements on this page was made using the Cuttlebug machine, except the small butterflies on the swirl ( Martha Stewart punch) and the loops on the turquoise cardstock - it is also a punch by Martha Stewart. The title was cut with the Cuttlebug, the swirl, the dressform, the big butterfly, the patterned paper was altered with embossing folders and various techniques.


The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die, and comes with 4 different Embossing patterns. I cut the butterfly with my Cuttlebug, and then embossed it with the pattern of my choice. Added some stickles afterwards. The patterned paper was changed using a Cuttlebug domino Embossing folder. I swiped the folder with Versamark ink before I put the paper in. Afterwards I brushed Perfect Pearls on for a slight shimmer. I then swiped my Stream Adirondak inkpad over the raised parts to define them.

The swirl is a die by Tim Holtz, and I cut it with the Cuttlebug. I then painted it with my Stream and Espresso Paint dabbers and added the Lagoon and Cinnamon Stickles. The dress form is also a Tim Holtz die ( this one we got at the Scrapbook Convention) It is unfortunately not available in South Africa yet. The patterned paper was embossed with another Tim Holtz folder, Bingo. I then swiped my Versamark pad over the raised areas, and added some Stream Embossing powder to it. Changes the look of the paper completely!


The crown is from a Tim Holtz Embossing Folder. It has many images on it in a collage form. I first put my piece of paper through the Cuttlebug in the folder, and then I cut the crown out, sanded it, and added some Lagoon Stickles. So, if you don't own a Cuttlebug yet, get one! It is an amazing, lean, green cutting and embossing machine!! If you don't know where to buy one, go to www.thewholesaler.biz, and find a store near you! At Scrapbook Studio we still have plenty - contact us on 042-2932781 or send us a mail at cariena@scrapbookstudio.co.za to make sure you get one!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for using me Cariena, it is really a stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with the dressform you received at the convention! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete