Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Silhouette in Motion....

Hello All,
A Silhouette cutting machine opens so many doors in the way you can scrap and do other art projects. Did you know that you can plan out your whole layout in the Silhouette software? Planning what you want on your page, the size of your embellishments as well as where you want to place it.
 This is a screenshot of what my layout looked like in the Silhouette software. The word “awesome” and the splat are designs from the Silhouette online store. There are lots and lots of designs to choose from in the online store.  The superhero is a design I created myself to be paper pieced together. From here I moved all the pieces of the various colours to a new page to be cut.
And here is how the layout turned out………..
….pretty close to what I had planned, don’t you think?  When I work with a layout that has a lot of cut pieces I keep a holder with me to put the cut pieces in. This prevents that the sneaky dot on the “i” does not disappear. 
This is a picture of the first side of the background after it was completed.
The heading was assembled and then attached in place with some 3d foam to give it some more dimension.
This is a close-up of the wording on the layout after it was assembled.
Oooooh….. and here is the Super Hero that was paper pieced together. He is so cute. The super hero was attached to the lay-out with some 3d foam tape.
 Lastly, a close-up of one of the two bigger stars. I did some silver leafing on the stars and then ran them through a Couture Creations – World Fair Collection – embossing folder. After that they were attached to the lay-out.

Remember all the supplies used on this layout are available at the Scrapbook Studio.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrapping
Lee

2 comments: