Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Project Life is here!

It has arrived.................Project Life! The Wholesaler has done it again - secured one of the phenomenons of Scrapbooking!  We decided to showcase one of South Africa's most talented and versatile Scrapbookers, René Sharp's Project Life Albums and we asked her to share some more info on this easy and fun way to preserve every day memories! You can visit René's blog by following this link!  Over to René!

I have been keeping a Project Life album for the last 4 years, and I can honestly say it is the best thing I have done as far as memory keeping is concerned. The fact that I have recorded almost every day (in a photo or with journaling), of the last four years of my family’s life is amazing. My kids and I love to look back and remember what we did on a specific day in years gone by! Up until now I have had to import my products, so the fact that SCRAPBOOK STUDIO is now stocking Project Life products is fantastic!! Let me share with you a little about my Project Life setup and album for 2013.



This is my Project Life station which I have set up in our family room. My album is always open, ready for me to add a bit of journaling or to print a photo and to slip it into a pocket. I try not to get more than a couple of weeks behind so that I can remember the details of what happened on that specific day. I more often than not will sit down and have a session where I print out my photos, and then I add the journaling and extras here and there when I have the time!


The first product you will need to buy is the album. The next thing is the plastic sleeves that are used inside the album. I normally buy the pack that includes enough sleeves for the whole year.


I LOVE that you are able to buy journaling cards, fill-in cards, and the 4 x 6 cards that are used for you to fill in the date (in this photo that is the green card with the black arrow). I have been keeping a PL album  for a number of years now, so to make this album a bit different I use hand journaling, text from the computer, and an old typewriter to write my journaling. Hand writing is obviously the quickest option to use. I normally buy the card pack that includes enough cards for a whole year. I took my cards out of the box that they came in and moved them and some other “stuff” into this metal container which I bought from a street vendor.



These are the dividers that separate each month of the year.



These are the products that I use all the time in my album. I round all the corners of my photos, and use the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to attach any memorabilia or other bits or bobs that I would like to include with a photo.



Here is a week’s spread. Sometimes I don’t do a journaling card for a specific day, and sometimes I print more than one photo for a day. It is all entirely up to you!! Project Life is all about you, and YOUR memories.



Here are some photos of some of my pages. I like to add some stickers, do some journaling on strips, include memorabilia when I have it and add washi tape strips. I use a computer program called Picasa to edit and print my photos; it can be downloaded for free off the internet.





I hope you have been inspired to take up Project Life!!!
Get all your Project Life products NOW at Scrapbook Studio!  

No comments:

Post a Comment