Friday, February 10, 2012
Design Team Call
Yes, you read it correctly! Scrapbook Studio JBay is looking for YOU! Please read all the way to the end if you are interested in applying!
There will be 3 seperate categories for which you can apply ( or you can apply for all 3 of them!)
Category 1: Traditional Scrapbooking using mostly Scrapbook Papers and pre-manufactured Embellishments
If you would like to apply for this Category, your Scrapping Style will involve using mostly Scrapbook Papers and Embellishments, adding techniques such as creating pockets, mini albums etc using Scrapbook Papers and Embellishments. You would use minimal other techniques, such as Heat Embossing, Stamping etc. You would have to be able to use Scrapbook Paper in an innovative and creative way. Your style would appeal to the traditional Scrapbooker that loves Scrapbooking, but perhaps does not have the budget - time or money wise - to invest in a huge selection of inks, stamps etc but still wants to create stunning Scrapbook Pages using the basics, with the occasional use of a punch, die cut machine etc. Your are welcome to send your entries if you enjoy using your electronic and manual Die Cutting Machines, like the Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Grand Calibur, Silhouette, Slice, Cricut, Eclipse etc.
Category 2: Scrapbooking using Inks, Stamping, Distressing, Embossing etc
If you would like to apply for this Category, your Scrapping Style will involve using Scrapbook Papers and some pre-manufactured embellishments, but you will concentrate on Techniques, involving Heat Embossing, Inking, Stamping and more. The focus here would be on showing off your ability to create custom embellishments and how to alter papers and pre-manufactured embellishments using various techniques. Distressing would also feature prominently in this category. Your use of various tools, such as Heatguns, Manual Die-Cutting Machines etc is encouraged. Of course you don't have to use these!
Category 3: Cardmaking and Off the Page
If you would like to apply for this Category, you are mostly a Cardmaker or Off the Page kind of Scrapper. This category is wide open, but if you are chosen as a Design Team member,you might be required to create projects using either very little or no inking, stamping, embossing etc techniques and focus solely on using Scrapbook Paper and embellishments, or you will be required to focus purely on techniques, or a mixture.
Here are the requirements for applying:
1. Send us 3 Projects reflecting your style to firstname.lastname@example.org ( please send photographs that are about 1MB in size)
2. Send us some information about your Scrapping/Cardmaking history and what inspires you
3. Entries close 10 March 2012.
As a member of the Scrapbook Studio JBay Design Team, you can expect the following:
1. A 6-weekly kit filled with Scrapbook/Cardmaking products that you will use to create Scrapbook Layouts, Cards and projects that will be featured on our Website, Facebook Page and Blog.
2. You will have to send detailed notes with every project as well as at least 6 step by step photographs of each project
3. Once a month we will choose a project that might be kitted or taught in a class. You will be paid R250-00 if your project is chosen. If your project is chosen and you have been paid for your notes, these will become the intellectual property of Scrapbook Studio JBay and may be used at Scrapbook Studio's discretion for classes, kits etc.
4. You will be expected to adhere to the deadlines given to you
5. All projects have to be photographed and emailed to Scrapbook Studio. Should Scrapbook Studio require the original project, Scrapbook Studio will be responsible for the postage costs incurred.
6. Design Team members will be chosen for 12 months, but are free to resign at any stage
7. Design Team members will be expected to create at least 3 projects with their kits in a 6 week period ( of course they can make 100 too!!!)
One last thing......... here at Scrapbook Studio JBay, we believe that the purpose of Scrapbooking is to preserve memories and to tell the story about the photos for generations to come. We know that there is a growing trend where it seems as if Scrapbooking has evolved into an artform of its own, using professional, photoshopped photographs and specialised techiques, that is intimidating more and more people, making them feel as if this hobby is only for the select, artistic few out there. We appreciate the artistic value some of the latest layouts have, and we also love an intricate page that focuses on the details and has lots of techniques. We would like to, however, open this hobby up again to the every day scrapper, who has lots of photos and would like to preserve them for future generations. So..........…………….. We will give preference to entries that focus on every day photos, taken by every day people, that have not been photoshopped or altered to "suit" the project, as well as layouts that are within reach of most people's abilities............. (we will, of course, consider all entries, even if they have perfect, photoshopped photographs!!) We are looking forward to receiving your applications!